Thursday, May 29, 2008

schematics 5.28

our charette yesterday in studio dealt with materials, finishes, and fasteners. we were asked to create 5 "moments" of tactile experiences. here's what i've got:






my reviewer from yesterday suggested (not surprisingly) that i need to work on defining my concept. to me that sounds kind of like putting vaseline on my teeth. i usually seem to have some trouble verbally articulating my project. i'm not sure that an essence really encapsulates everything my design intent needs to be.


i want the space to be sculptural, angular, and inspiring, like planes coming together to create form and space. i want it to be familiar but unrecognizable, noticed but not distracting. i want it to cradle the artists, their creative thoughts, and their tangible work. right now the only thing i can think of that it reminds me of is light refraction - the way the shapes and angles happen.

No comments: